Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Sunday, June 16, 2013

Apparently I am completely ruined

So on Father's Day as everyone celebrates and thinks about and honors their dads, all I can think about are the millions of children that have no idea what that means. This struggle began in me days ago as saw posts starting to go up on Facebook. I watched a great video the skit guys posted on being a father, I fought hard to keep from posting a response to them. I am consumed, my heart is broken because I know so many will fall asleep tonight aching for a daddy's arms. Even worse some will fall asleep with no idea who or what a daddy is. With every beautiful post I read about a father today the ache grew stronger. Daddy's can you hear them? Can you see their precious faces? They need you more than you know. Imagine growing up with ever changing faces, never knowing who will be there tomorrow. I have to be honest... These kids need Daddy's because they need to learn about the greatest dad of all... God. They need YOU not your money, not a week of your time, not a new toy or shoes, they need YOU. Your arms, your hand, your shoulder to ride on, your prayers, your life. They need you to be their hero, so that they can see that they have a savior.  I pray you hear them and see them. I pray God bring them to your mind all through out your day, I pray that when you lay down to rest you see their faces. I pray that their cries grow so loud you cannot rest until you find them. I pray that the stirring you feel in your heart right now swell into a raging storm that won't let you rest until they all have fathers.  I pray your heart is forever changed... Oh God I pray...  And while they wait and precious moments of their life slip by, I pray God that you hold them and love them and make your self so real to them. I pray that you calm their hearts and let them see that though their human fathers have abandoned that you are forever constant.

.... I pray next year you have a new face in your home and new hands reaching out to you saying "Happy Fathers Day Daddy!"



No comments:

Post a Comment