Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Monday, June 10, 2013

Both Hands project... to be continued.

Ok so Saturday was our Both Hands project, and God blessed us with a beautiful day. It is amazing to me that we are in June and we worked outside for hours and didn't fry to a crisp.  No one was injured, (except for Ariana whacking my ankle with a shovel lol) We had 17 people show up who worked hard all day to make Mrs. Wilsons yard look amazing.  Big thanks goes to our crew, made up of David and I, Destin & Ariana, Marvin Goforth, Loretta Goforth, Helen Smith, Lisa Whitmire, Phillip Whitmire, Jenifer Goude, Pastor Brian Rayburn & Garret Rayburn, JoRene Miller, and three people from Mrs. Wilsons church, Ashley Holmgren, Austin Hill & His dad Junior, and Kenny DeYoung came out and checked the AC and heat for us.  Our plan was to have the whole team (except David) work outside in the yard planting cleaning and raking,  David was going to start work on an addition that needed some repair inside and out.  He and Pastor Brian got started but quickly realized they were going to be rebuilding the entire outside wall due to water damage.  We broke for lunch around 12 and planned to move inside... which is where the change of plans began.  After going inside to get started all my hard working positive, "we can get this done" lady friends agreed this was not the best approach. They all felt (as I originally did) that the few things we had time to do would be like putting duck tape over a band aide on a large gaping wound. So with some discussion we agreed to call the family and let them in on the plan we tried to pull off, we are going to help them fight the city to get a newer mobile home moved onto her lot... So I am not sure how long this may take, or how it will affect our Both Hands project video.  Which needs to be done, as we are told most donations come in after the video is posted.  So please be praying for us, that all the details will fall into place and we can get this precious lady a better home. So.... after making a decision we all went back outside to finish the yard clean up which took a couple more hours... yes it was that big of a job :)

Now to the sappy part... I left that evening and as I drove home I was just thinking about the day, mostly the people who came out to work with us. I was overwhelmed with emotion, with pride, I felt so blessed to have each of them in our lives.  Thinking about their work and sacrifice for my family and Mrs. Wilson brought tears. I have said it many times but this adoption stuff brings out the beauty around you.  I hope I was able to express my gratitude to each one of you who came out... I hope you know that I will not forget. I will make sure Elijah and Eva know of the love you guys poured out and how hard you have worked to bring them home to us. 

I want to say something else to Garret, Phillip, and Destin... you three made me so proud,  young guys get a bad wrap sometimes because they tend to goof off or grumble about work,  but what I saw was three young men working hard without complaint and having a good time doing it...(despite some serious spider phobias lol) ...you are amazing young men of God and I don't know where life may take you but I am sure that you are forever a part of the legacy of two precious kids in China.  So thanks guys...

So this week holds more work on the addition, because the second side needs rebuild too, and therapy in Dallas then fingerprinting for USCIS.  Pray we get matched soon with our baby girl.

Thanks for all who were praying for us, it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment