Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Finding balance

We are slowly finding a new normal, days are calmer and the kids are settling into routines.  We are still swamped with doctor visits and therapists as we figure out exact plans for the two new little ones and meld them into already existing therapy and doctors for the other two littles. Elijah and Ariana are definatly best friends.  I love watching them and I am so happy they have each other.  We are struggling with him following her lead instead of what we say, but that will come with time.  Eva is growing (developmentally) in leaps and bounds. She will be running with doodle soon enough.  They have begun to interact with each other and when they do it is always a giggle fest. So cute.

You would think in all the chaos my heart would be closed to adopting.  It isn't, and I have come to the conclusion it never will be.  I ache for each and every one of the children who have no home.  I always think, we could take in one more.  I know that is unrealistic right now so my heart is searching for other ways to help them.  I have a million ideas flowing through my head. I have to do something or my heart will burst! I cannot bear the thought that they are out there waiting and waiting as I allow life to trickle by.  So here is a little something...

If I could say anything it would be this,  if you have ever for a moment considered adoption... Do it! If you have made the list of all the reasons why you can't I beg you to look into their eyes and see if that list matters anymore. I promise it won't.  Your life will never be at the perfect place to do it.  Something will always get in the way.  Please hear me... They cannot wait for you to be ready... They are waiting now.  Every single moment of every day without a dad and mom is to many.  They need you! If you are beyond the place on life where you would consider adopting please pray about a way to help, imagine your child or grandchild all alone in this world, wouldn't you want more than anything for someone to come to their rescue? To love them and hold them and protect them?  There are families ready to go get one of these but are struggling with the financial part, maybe you could help them?  Do a fund raiser for them or stand beside them in prayer and encouragement. At the very least pray for each child to find a home.  Just do something... We are Gods hands and feet, and no God doesn't "need" is to do this, but I can promise you, you will find no greater joy and fulfillment than stepping out and letting God use your hands and feet to bless the least of these.

:) I love you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment