Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Both Hands project and waiting for a match...

So our Both Hands project (http://bothhandsfoundation.org/david-and-kathy-ferguson) is fast approaching.  We are very busy getting supplies donated and planning out jobs and people to lead them.  This has been a bumpy journey but I am so excited to help out this sweet lady.  We have had some frustrating moments since we started.  Mrs. Wilson lives in an old mobile home outside of Gladewater. We went to visit her and were heartbroken at the condition of her home.  It needed replaced, not repaired.  So David got busy calling and before it was said and done we had 3 different newer mobile homes donated to replace hers... the problem... Gladewater city ordinance wont allow us to move in a newer mobile home because she is inside city limits. I get it in most places but she is not in town and her mobile home is surrounded by others.  The only way to fight it would be to pay a large fee and get Mrs Wilson involved in the fight.  Not possible... we are trying to help her not stress her out... grr... We then approached the Longview builders association because it was suggested by a council member they might be able to help us build her a new small pier and beam house.... we were shocked when all they decided to do was encourage members to donate supplies to habitat for humanity store and we could buy them from them... gee thanks.  I was frustrated and heart broken thinking we would have to leave her in her home.  I have come to terms with it and we are planning to do everything we can to repair, replace and paint and landscape and clean and and and and.... we have a great group of people helping... but we still need more hands.  We have been working to get supplies donated so help us pray.... I know God loves this sweet lady, and she sure loves Him... If you want to join our team please email me...

In other news, our Agency is currently in China visiting orphanages and that means we could be matched with our daughter very soon.....

While writing this email I went to get the mail and we got our fingerprint appointments with USCIS!!!!!! I am beyond excited!!!! It is two weeks away and we are going to investigate the possibility of doing a walk in appointment a week earlier.  Say a prayer about it for us... Breathe Kathy.... breathe..... I know God is working... I know we is weaving and the timing couldn't be better... there is beautiful potential for a match...

Ok off to plan my Austin trip to get dossier docs authenticated....

Love to all....
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment