Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Saturday, May 4, 2013

Step by Step

It has been too long since we've had an update... so here goes.  Our Homestudy came to us by mail last week... but... the notary's license expired in two months (a no no with China)... sooooo we had to scramble to get it redone and in our hands again.  We also decided to double check our other notarized documents we have gathered for our dossier, and in true Ferguson style, we had to have two sets redone.  All is well though, we beat the deadline for Show Hope grants for this quarter. YAY! It will be a while before we hear if we will receive one, but it is good to know our paperwork is in. We have sent our USCIS paperwork in (arrived at the PO box Wednesday in Dallas), and we once again have to wait. :) We are hearing it is taking about 60 days right now to get approval.  Anyone who knows me knows I don't wait well... I start tearing down walls and tearing out flooring and organizing everything I can get my hands on. :D I have bought a few things for the kids, even thought I don't have exact sizes yet, I know it may mean returns but I needed something I could but my hands on. We have been working on the house, and have walls up and insulation in the new room.  It is slow going for the rest of the remodel, as we are pouring all "extra" funds into bringing our babies home (so if you haven't gotten an invite to my house lately, now you know why).  I have been doing pretty well this time not letting the dollar signs get to me.  I guess because God brought us through bringing our first adopted princess home.  So I know He is faithful and I know He loves adoption.  However... I had a rough day on Thursday,  many things came into play that emotionally just pushed me over the edge.  I felt a sense of panic over the amount of money we still have to pay.  The struggle to fund raise gets to me sometimes,  and I feel like a beggar.  Other times I am so full of faith and I see clearly.  In those times I plan well and hope and believe the best will come from each fund raiser. I can see that I am a part of a bigger picture God is painting.  It is times like Thursday though that I feel very alone, and very small.  Thankfully, it was a Thursday, and I was making my regular trip to Dallas for the princess's speech therapy.  I had plenty of time to talk to God and listen to Christian radio... :)

Many of you know my Destin is graduating in a month... my baby boy is all grown up.  So we are busy with lots of senior stuff (expensive things... whatever were we thinking starting an adoption process during senior year? lol) It also brings so many emotions.  I am so proud of him, he is an amazing young man, with a beautiful heart who loves God with all he is.  I cant wait to see where God is going to take him.  Graduation is also bringing our Ashlyn home!!! I cannot wait to see her, It has been 9 months since I have been able to hug her.   Ariana is not going to let Ash go back home. 

No update on our baby girl (Eva) yet, we have our sweet Elijah's pictures and we pray for them both.  Please keep us in your prayers, as we work and fund raise and do all we can to bring two more treasures into our family.  If you want to donate there are 3 ways to do so right now.  There is a link on the top right of this page for our both hands project (many of you received a letter about this), these donations are tax deductible, and I also have a paypal link that come directly to us.  You can also send me message requesting an address if you would like. We are planning our next fund raiser and will hopefully have a matching grant set up for that one.

I cannot thank you all enough for your love, prayers and support.  I do not have a list of specific donations that were given at our benefit concert (since they went through the church), so I know I said this before but if you sent a donation, I hope you know we are very, very thankful!! I am sorry I couldn't thank everyone individually who gave. God weaves so many lives together during adoption that may never have connected before, and each and every one is precious to us.  We love you...

Love
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment