Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Confession time

Hey friends,

I must confess, I am a mess today.  I am overwhelmed by everything I need to do.  I need some support and encouragement... so I am asking... HELP???? We are working hard to organize and get the word out for our OneLess event,  I am very excited about that night, for many reasons, but I am also terrified no one will come.  I want so badly to pack the house and get the word out.  I want so desperately to do good for these precious children waiting.  I know all the things I should be thinking but for some reason my aching heart is driving the show right now. So maybe I am writing this to encourage myself.. IDK so here goes

I know God is in control
I know He loves me and He loves these children
I know people care, they are just busy with their own lives and struggles
I know God has heard my cries
I know He will be faithful to complete this work
I know that He has already found my child/children and is holding them in His hand right now
I know that just like last time He is with me in these times when I cannot see past the pile of paperwork and financial due dates
I know that the majority of people are supportive and not judgemental about our fundraising
I know this fund raiser will be a success

The problem has been my focus, the enemy works so hard to get my eyes on the struggle and the overwhelming mountain in front of me, he pushes relentlessly until the fear is smothering.  I even while typing this I see the state I am in today is my fault.  I have been listening to the wrong voice, and looking at the "don't haves" like the facebook list of people coming to our event that isn't growing like I feel it should. So as I struggle to keep my eyes fixed on God,  I would ask that you pray for me, and my family.  Please pray for our fund raisers that they will be well supported and successful. Pray that I will recognize when the enemy is using my fear to lead my passion in the wrong direction.

I seem to always be reminded in times like these of the song "What Faith Can Do" By Kutless

What Faith Can Do

 
Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes
And make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger
Stronger than you know

Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen

Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try

Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen

Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That's what faith can do)
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do
That's what faith can do

Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise


I will leave it at that and go pray and hold to those words...
Thanks guys...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment