Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beauty

God is the beauty in the midst of chaos, and my reminder that no matter what I can see or feel He is there, in control.  Not for one moment does He forsake us.  This is what carries me through rough spots, what gently refocuses me when circumstances get confusing. I have been listening to Merideth Andrews song "Not For A Moment" You should look it up, it is beautiful.

There is so much happening right now.  We had our in home visit with our new social worker.  She is a very kind, bubbly lady, with a beautiful South African accent who seemed to be comfortable with us.  She was very taken with Ariana, who by the way, showed her to her bedroom and proceeded to sing a mini concert for her on her little stage with her microphone, all the while signing to her demanding she raise her hands in worship.  Lol I don't know what this child is going to be but she has the heart of a worship leader, and the girl sings with more heart and passion that most hearing people.

Our One Less event, is quickly approaching,  we have had some exciting developments, (which you will have to come to see), and we have had some disappointment, the kind that sends you head spinning and fear begins to whisper in your ear all the "what ifs".  I have been praying for God to bless this event, to be there and weave every moment together so that everyone who comes is touched and changed by these beautiful waiting children.  I know that is good, what I didn't realize was along the way I somehow shifted some of the hope onto the event and not the event planner. So with a big disappointment God gently reminded me, "Hello, I am here, I have this, not you, not the people supporting you, I have this.  I walked before you every step of the way the last time, and I will do it again"  Silly me... getting caught up in planning and work, like I could somehow do something like this myself.  I love the busy-ness, I love working to help these kids, I am blessed to be a part of every God moment He gives me to share about our adoption and what God has done. I also love knowing that it isn't my work that brings about any change, it is God,  and I just get to go along for the ride, and share in what He is doing.

Anyway things may not be exactly as I had planned but they will be beautiful.  I am so excited!  I want to say thank you again to everyone who has been praying for us, and supporting and encouraging us. I can feel the love and support.  To those two beautiful woman who helped talk me through my recent disappointment, I love you both sooo and I am thankful for you.  I am thankful for all the different voices He uses to remind me, and the hands that gently turn my face to Him.  I don't always see clearly, but today, I do and I see how truly blessed I am.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment