Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Sunday, March 2, 2014

China

I love this country and it's people.  Maybe because three of my children were born here.  Maybe because they work hard and respect the elderly.  Maybe because it is rich in culture and history or maybe because when I look into their eyes I see an incredibly beautiful people that God created.  Their skin and hair and eyes so beautifully shaped by the hands of out father. Somehow here I remember that each of us are priceless and perfect to God.  Yes they have struggles and imperfections just like our beautiful nation.  Here I also see how much I love being an American, how much I cherish my home and it's people.  I feel so full of wonder and beauty.

Today we went to silk street and bought a few things for the kids, it was fun to watch David barter with the shop owners to get even cheaper prices on items that weren't expensive to begin with. Our trip to Hangzhou will be so short this time.  We do not get to go to Elijah's orphanage :( we simply don't have the time.  We would normally have been in Hangzhou almost a week but since sweet Eva is waiting we have to get to her. :) sad about not getting to see where he lived but not sad to hold her sooner.

In just about 4 and 1/2 hours we will look into the eyes of a gorgeous little man that we have loved for over a year but never touched. A little guy that God knew from the moment he was created he would be Elijah Miles Ferguson. I cannot wait to see him and touch him and find out who he is.  I cannot wait to love him up close.  Thank you Father for each of my children. I cannot imagine my life without one of them.


It is gotcha day at 5am and I cannot sleep :) dreaming of him... I am excited and giddy.  I will post soon with his gorgeous face...

Love you all

Sleepless in China :)

No comments:

Post a Comment