Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Gotcha Day Eva Meili

So yesterday we met our gorgeous little princess.  We were the only ones at civil affairs because we got her on a Wednesday.  That is unusual but due to adopting two they have worked things to fit or time here.  We went in and signed paperwork and waited Elijah was tired and in a foul mood.  He likes to throw fits went he doesn't get his way, which is often.  This has been hard for him but he was doing well the day before.  So we were waiting in this huge room alone and he was running wild :) they then motioned for is to come here and I heard her sweet sounds.  I rounded te corner and there she was tiny and beautiful and bringing to cry.  She wasn't happy about anything happening but she clung to me immediately like a koala bear. She cried for a while and I just cuddled her, didn't even get a good look at her face until daddy took her for me to sign papers.  She cried for a while and Elijah continued to run wild.  It was pretty uneventful, did paperwork, paid money, asked a few questions, took a picture with her nanny and the orphanage director  and we were done.  We were warned she probably hadn't been held much and would cry when put down... She does, and it makes getting ready difficult but we don't mind at all :) I have been waiting to hold them a loooooong time. Her nanny was sweet and cried and we thanked her for taking such good care of our baby.  But Eva didn't cry for her this time, I guess my cuddles were good enough for now.

We left there and went by trust mart and by this time Elijah was in full one rotten mode :) he got mad when David went in without him.  Threw a major fit, kicking screaming in the floor fit.  He doesn't like to be told what to do and will physically fight past you if you try to stop him, but it is getting better everyday.  He didn't seem to like Eva at first, he just kinda glared at her like she ruined his new world.  But today he was sweet and he would walk up and hug her and pay her.  She is still very quiet today (unless we put her down) she got very nervous when we went out this morning and was crying and clinging to is hard.  But as the day went on she got more comfortable.  Please be praying for our journey home, I don't want to have two screaming kids on the plane for 13 hours.  Pray they can rest and don't get sick... And that Elijah doesn't have meltdowns for having to stay in his seat.

These two babies have a lot to learn, they are already beginning to see what the love of parents can do, and I cannot wait for you all to meet them and love them :D

Love... Me

No comments:

Post a Comment