Love is

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so.

For us to have each other Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you. --- Unknown


Monday, March 3, 2014

Crazy wonderful awful beautiful sweet amazing day!

Gotcha day was yesterday and I had no time to write. Elijah didn't arrive until an hour after we did. A loooong grueling hour :) then suddenly there he was, beautiful and perfect and scared.  They pushed him to us even though he protested.   We one him over with a bag full of fun starting with a light up helicopter from Aunt Lisa!  He interacted with us fine and even let me touch him some, but he kept loping to see if the lady from his orphanage was still there. She stayed a while while we did paperwork and took the pictures, she then snuck in a kiss on the cheek during a final picture and snuck out.  When he realized she was gone he went into full on melt down.  It was heart breaking to watch,  we could only hold him and try and comfort him.  He did all he could to tell for her and look for her.  Then we went between moments of calm and moments of sorrow.  We prayed and fought off the tears and let him grieve.  I was so hard.  But for those in the adoption community you know it is also good for a child raised in an orphanage to have a strong connect to someone there.  It brought some comfort to know he could and would attach to us.

He did finally calm down and once calm we tried to interact in small gentle ways, we finally did by using an app call Clumsy Ninja.  Thank you to whoever created it! He began to giggle and smile and interact with us.  When it was time to leave he did well looked for his yaya on the way out and in the van  but didn't cry anymore.  We had a good day exploring all the toys and eating lunch  and even ventures out a while.  This little man is smart and funny and silly and gorgeous.  He even has his own  version of communication.  He is mimicking signs already, but doesn't really want to learn any specific words yet. We will just keep signing and wait for the magic to unfold :) I did get a big squishy kiss yesterday, I kisses his cheek and he turned and planted it on me... made my day!

So we are playing and loving and just getting to know this gift from god :)

Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment